Rockies Venture American company is interested in opening a unique Balkan Tech Fund in Montenegro, News
The oldest American company for investing in startups, Rockies Venture is interested in opening a unique Balkan Tech Fund in Montenegro, which will channel the capital of American investors into startup projects from the countries of the region.
This was announced during the meeting of the Minister of Finance Aleksandar Damjanović with representatives of the Digital Den hub company, co-founders Darko Ivanović and Nenad Novović, general director of the Rockies Venture fund and one of the leading experts of the startup community from Colorado (Denver, USA) Peter Adams, as well as the president of the Commission for capital market, by Željko Drinčić.
As reported, Ivanovic expressed his gratitude to the Ministry of Finance for the support in creating a favorable environment for the development of innovative startup companies and a competitive IT community, and indicated that, based on the Law on Incentive Measures for the Development of Research and Innovation, in the transitional period, nine companies from Montenegro and the regional IT community was given the opportunity to present its business ideas to global investors, and secure investments in further development and product placement.
– On the basis of this positive experience, cooperation was also achieved with the oldest American company for investing in startups, Rockies Venture, and the intention to open a unique Balkan Tech Fund in Montenegro was expressed, which will channel the capital of American investors into startup projects from the countries of the region – Ivanović said. .
Damjanović conveyed his support for the further improvement of the concept of startups, with the message that the perspective of not only Montenegrin society, but modern world business is investment in innovation and smart technological solutions.
Peter Adams, who is a member of the Advisory Board of the company Digital Den, said that statistics show that new jobs are created by startup companies and that investing in such programs is the key to motivating competitive individuals to stay in Montenegro, but also a way for foreign capital to enter to the Montenegrin market.
Pointing to the current and planned legal regulations governing this area, Željko Drinčić said that it is important to recognize the space for this, the fastest growing industry in the domestic legislative framework, in order to create a timely basis for the smooth operation of developing companies.
At the meeting, it was concluded that communication on this topic will be intensified at the level of all interested parties, in order to create an attractive business environment for the development of innovative business solutions.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- 11/05/2023 Luxury Public Relations for pearl of Mediterranean, Elevate PR for Montenegro
- 11/05/2023 Elevate your business in Montenegro with Elevate PR
- 09/05/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Wage growth in the public sector and other labour market issues
- 24/04/2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- 08/04/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Increased indebtedness of Montenegro
- 16/02/2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- 02/06/2023 Companies CREC and SPIC ready to invest in infrastructure and energy projects
- 02/06/2023 The project of the first Montenegrin satellite – Luča – will be launched into space next year
- 02/06/2023 Montenegro is introducing a system of electronic invoices