Prime Minister invited American investors to invest in Montenegro, News
Montenegro geopolitically belongs to the West, and that is why direct investments from the USA are important, which would have an impact on increasing the credibility of our investment environment, Prime Minister Dritan Abazović said at a round table with representatives of the US trade mission, which brings together 22 American companies from the ICT industry and clean technology industries.
– We want to see American investors involved in strategic investments, such as the LNG terminal in the Port of Bar – said Abazović.
He invited American investors to invest in sustainable sources of energy, such as solar panels, introducing them to the fact that Montenegro is a regional energy hub that can place its product on the European market without major problems.
– The Montenegrin business environment is predictable, the tax policy is competitive, the geographical location is convenient, and that makes us an ideal destination for investment and business development – the Prime Minister stressed.
Abazović stated that the IT sector and tourism are strategic economic branches of Montenegro, inviting American investors to start their business in a country that can offer their employees a high quality of life. He added that in tourism, as another strategic economic branch for Montenegro, there is great potential for the development of the American market, which has been almost untapped until now.
The American ambassador to Montenegro, Judy Rising Ranke, pointed out that this is a historic visit, the first of its kind organized in Montenegro. The ambassador stated that Montenegro is a perfect place for testing and developing large projects and at the same time a great place to live.
High representatives of globally successful companies such as Amazon, SAS Institute, Adtran, AlPha Technologies, AerialZeus, Cisco Systems, Inc., EXCEL Services Corporation, IBM, Motorola Solutionsl, UGTR, SELECT Power Systems and other global providers reside in Montenegro.
– These are leading experts with rich IT experience who provide government and corporate clients with IT infrastructure and technology solutions, multinational technology conglomerate corporations that develop, manufacture and sell network hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and other high-tech services and products, companies with innovative solutions with with added value for the most complex problems, global leaders in public safety, artificial intelligence and producers of renewable energy sources and energy storage, with over 15 billion USD worth of development projects – it is stated in the Government announcement, local media reports.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 28, 2023 Montenegro, A lot is expected from the upcoming summer season
- March 28, 2023 Many joint projects are in front of Montenegro and Serbia
- March 28, 2023 Saudi low cost airline Flyadeal will fly to Tivat during summer