Montenegro, winter tourist season is going well, Budva is the most visited, News
According to the data that local tourist organizations submit to the National Tourist Organization (NTO) every Thursday, on January 19, about 18,200 tourists stayed in Montenegro, i.e. 140% more guests compared to the same period of the previous year, and 149% more compared to the record 2019. Milena Vujović from NTO told the Media Biro agency.
– At the moment, Budva is the most visited, it has about three times more guests compared to the same period last year, and even five times more tourists compared to the same period in 2019. Other cities on the coast also recorded excellent attendance, in Kotor and Tivat there were about 2.5% more guests compared to the previous year – she said.
The situation In the north has been much better in the past week, judging by the large attendance during the past weekend.
– We were all eagerly waiting for the first significant amounts of snowfall, and during the previous weekend, the ski season officially began. According to unofficial data, according to the estimate of the Ski Center in Kolašin, about 6,000 visitors and somewhere around 2,000 skiers were recorded – she said.
According to her, as every year, Montenegro was visited by the most tourists from the region.
– I would certainly mention Germany, Great Britain, and in general there is great interest in Montenegro as a winter tourist season. We are particularly pleased to be recognized as a year-round destination – she said.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 24, 2023 Montenegro, Brajići wind power plant can supply over 50,000 households
- March 24, 2023 Crnogorski Telekom is dominating when it comes to telecommunications
- March 24, 2023 Montenegro, What are the new goals and projects?