CWP Europe company plans to build the Montechevo solar power plant in Montenegro, News
The CWP Europe company plans to build the Montechevo solar power plant in Montenegro, with a total installed capacity of 400 MW. The power plant will be built in the cadastral municipalities of Lastva, Čevo and Prentin, on the territory of the Capital of Cetinje, and the value of the investment is around EUR 360 million, according to the information that eKapija received from the company.
As stated by CWP Europe, the leading company for the development of renewable energy projects in Southeast Europe and Australia, this will be their first project in Montenegro.
– Phased implementation of the project is foreseen. The start of construction of the solar power plant is expected in early 2025, and the completion of the works and its commissioning a year later, i.e. in 2026. After the realization of the project, Montechevo will be the largest solar power plant in Montenegro – the company stated.
The expected annual production of the future power plant is around 650 GWh, which, they point out, is enough to supply more than 154,000 households with green energy.
– The electricity produced in the Montechevo solar power plant will have a great impact on the reduction of air pollution in the country and will significantly help Montenegro in achieving its energy goals, when it comes to the participation of energy from renewable sources in the total electricity production – added CWP Europe.
As they point out, this solar power plant will contribute to the reduction of CO2 emissions by 701,000 tons per year.
– During the implementation of the Montechevo project, CWP will be guided by the highest international standards, in order to contribute in the best possible way to the overall development of the local community, as well as renewable energy sources in Montenegro and the region – the company concludes.
As a reminder, eKapija recently announced plans for the construction of a solar power plant in Cetinje, for which the Government also issued urban planning and technical conditions.
CWP is a leading company for the development of renewable energy projects in Southeast Europe and Australia. It has extensive international and regional experience in the development of capacity for energy production from renewable sources, primarily wind power plants and solar parks.
The company has completed more than 1,500 MW of projects in Europe and Australia, the total value of which is more than 3.5 billion EUR, including the largest wind farms in Serbia (158 MW) and Romania (600 MW). It actively cooperates with local communities and is an active participant in numerous social initiatives.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 24, 2023 Montenegro, Brajići wind power plant can supply over 50,000 households
- March 24, 2023 Crnogorski Telekom is dominating when it comes to telecommunications
- March 24, 2023 Montenegro, What are the new goals and projects?