On the labor market, the most sought-after occupations in 2021 were: maid, physics professor, waiter, doctor of medicine, professor of work teaching, mathematics, teacher, construction worker, the Employment Agency (ZZZCG) told Portal RTCG. Monstat’s labor force survey for the third quarter of 2022 shows that as many as 76.1% of people worked in the service sector.
The Employment Service (ZZZCG) told the RTCG portal that when it comes to the shortage of staff in Montenegro, they do not yet have data for 2022, but that there is a study that showed for which jobs there was a shortage of staff in 2021.
They pointed out that, among others, the demand was high for maids, catering assistants, cashiers, nurses, waiters, medical doctors, teachers of work, mathematics, physics, construction workers…
The demand for unskilled workers with primary education in 2021 was five times lower than the supply. The research states that when it comes to basic education, the demand for unqualified workers in 2021 was five times lower than the supply, and employment is 11.3 times less than the stated supply.
– The demand for semi-skilled workers in 2021 was 1.6 times lower than the supply, and employment was 8.8 times less than reported – the Employment Office stated.
They pointed out that when it comes to secondary education, the demand for secondary school students in 2021 was 3.7 times lower than the supply, and employment was 4.4 times less than the stated supply.
– For higher education, the supply in 2021 was 3.3 times higher than the reported demand – the Employment Office pointed out.
ZZZCG: We do not have records of whether there are people with higher education doing work for which they are overqualified. On the other hand, although the Employment Service does not yet have data on the shortage of staff in the previous year, they informed us that in 2022, employers reported a demand for employment of 393 persons from the occupational group of traders, and that they do not have records of whether there are people with a university degree. They are ready to do the job for which they are overqualified.
– The Employment Service does not keep records of persons with a higher education in Montenegro who work in jobs that do not require that education. Employers are obliged to the Revenue and Customs Administration of Montenegro to submit employment contracts for all newly employed persons. On the basis of the submitted work contracts, the Administration could have the requested data – the ZZZCG announced.
Monstat: In the third quarter of 2022, 87% were employed and 13% were unemployed
– In the third quarter of 2022, the active population in Montenegro was 300.7 thousand, of which 261.5 thousand or 87% were employed and 39.2 thousand or 13% were unemployed – according to Monstat’s labor force survey. As it is pointed out, the highest number of employees were in the service sector, namely 76.1%.
– The structure of employed persons according to sectors of activity shows that the highest participation of employees in the service sector is 76.1%, then in the non-agricultural sector (industry and construction) 19.3% and in the sector of agriculture, forestry and fishing 4.6% – they said from Monstat.
Aleksandra Milićević, on behalf of the private employment site Prekoveze.me, said that in 2022 they had over 1,400 sales ads, and that the average number varies and often depends on the time of year when the ad is published, the conditions the employer offers, but also the brand and credibility of the employer himself.
She pointed out that both supply and demand in the field of trade are large, and that every year larger trade chains publish ads for the position of salesperson throughout Montenegro.
According to the data of the Employment Service, on February 20 of this year, there were 45,080 unemployed persons, of which 25,733 were women. As they announced, 2,711 persons are from the occupational group of traders.