SCADA system with its modern technological network solutions enters the door of Montenegro, News
The Montenegrin Electric Distribution System (CEDIS) has started preparatory activities for the introduction of the SCADA system – the most modern technological solution for network management, analysis and optimization.
As they announced, the preparation of the voltage level 35/10 kV substation for the SCADA system is currently underway, which includes the complete reconstruction of the primary equipment and the installation of communication equipment, which will be followed by the provision and establishment of a reliable communication system with supporting equipment, and then the preparation and installation of SCADA system in the dispatch center.
Work on the preparation of substations has begun at TS Bioče in Podgorica.
– In the first phase, the SCADA system will be implemented in 40 substations with a voltage level of 35/10 kV, and earlier analyzes showed that 15 of them are unable to support this advanced system – said Sreten Krstajić, head of the 20kV and 35kV Maintenance Sector and announced the second phase, during which the tour, recording and preparation of the remaining 80 substations of that voltage level will be carried out.
According to Krstajić, the activities at TS Bioče were preceded by certain preparatory works in order to ensure that the user’s power outage would last as short as possible.
– Some parts of the plant are prepared and assembled in the manual workshop of the 20kV and 35kV Maintenance Sector. The most important part of the preparatory work is related to the wiring and parameterization of modern digital relay devices, which allow the operator in the substation to see all the most important parameters of the system in real time, as well as the possibility of controlling the switchgear, and in the later phase of the project from the station computer, until the final realization of the entire of the project when all system components will be connected in a way that enables remote monitoring and management from the Dispatch Center over all substations – Krstajić points out.
After the Maintenance employees have completed their part of the work, they will continue with the installation of optical cables to the control panel, after which the circuit breaker will have an overview of the switching state of each cell individually on the computer, and when the implementation of this project is finished, so will the dispatcher in the Dispatch Center.
Krstajić states that the plan is for the works in all 15 substations, ten of which are on the coast, to be completed by the end of the year. After the completion of the works in TS Bioče, activities are directed to Primorje in order to implement part of the plan before the beginning of the tourist season, when works that require a power-free state are not possible.
We remind you that one of the strategic projects of CEDIS is the implementation of “smart grids” in the electrical distribution system, which entails the establishment of a SCADA/ADMS system for remote control of distribution substations (110/35kV, 110/20kV, 110/10 kV, 35/10 kV) in the entire territory of Montenegro, the value of which is projected at EUR 25 million.
– The implementation of the SCADA/ADMS system achieves efficient management of the electricity distribution network based on information about the processes on the network in real time, including the visualization of network processes and the possibility of timely reaction in order to avoid overloading, thereby reducing the number of interruptions, i.e. safer and better power supply energy for users – according to CEDIS.
As they add, the complete transparency of what is happening on the network will also enable significant savings through an additional reduction in the level of noise in the electrical distribution system.
– In addition, advanced systems of control of the electrical distribution network represent indispensable support for the process of “green transition” because they enable detailed information and efficient management of energy flows from renewable sources – the announcement concludes.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 22, 2023 Montenegro, Five stars on the site of the former Jadran hotel in Ulcinj
- March 22, 2023 Montenegro, Large number of tourist facilities on coast are on sale
- March 22, 2023 Montenegro, There is no fear of a crisis in the banking system