Montenegro, Total inflow of foreign direct investments EUR 758.22 million, News
The total inflow of foreign direct investments in the period from January to August amounted to EUR 758.22 million, which is 44.58% more compared to the same period last year, according to preliminary data from the Central Bank of Montenegro (CBCG). As they explained, this result is a consequence of the growth of proprietary investments.
– The net inflow of foreign direct investments at the end of August was EUR 559.33 million, which is 78.04% more compared to the same period in 2021 – it is stated in the bulletin of the Central Bank.
In the form of equity investments, an inflow of EUR 410.76 million was realized, which accounts for 54.17% of the total realized inflow.
– In the structure of proprietary investments, investments in companies and banks amounted to EUR 129.17 million, which is a growth of 26.40%. Investments in real estate amounted to EUR 281.59 million, i.e. 83.87% more compared to the comparative period. The inflow of FDI in the form of intercompany debt amounted to EUR 290.38 million or 38.30% of the total inflow – data show.
The total outflow of FDI amounted to EUR 198.89 million, which is 5.42% less than in the same period of the previous year.
– Outflow based on investments of residents abroad amounted to EUR 72.58 million, while withdrawals of non-residents’ funds invested in our country amounted to EUR 126.31 million – stated from the Central Spa.
The largest number of investments came from Serbia, in the amount of EUR 93.89 million. Russia follows with 78.34 million, while in third place is Switzerland, whose citizens invested EUR 70.86 million in Montenegro.
When it comes to real estate, this sector also received the most investments from Germany – EUR 44.53 million, local media writes.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 28, 2023 Montenegro, A lot is expected from the upcoming summer season
- March 28, 2023 Many joint projects are in front of Montenegro and Serbia
- March 28, 2023 Saudi low cost airline Flyadeal will fly to Tivat during summer