Montenegro has the ambition to build new energy facilities, News
Montenegro has the ambition to build significant energy facilities for the production of electricity from renewable sources, in order to eliminate the imbalance between electricity production and orderly supply and to brand itself as a green destination, Prime Minister Dritan Abazović said at the Regional Conference on energy.
As announced by the Government, he said at a conference organized by the Embassy of the Kingdom of Norway and the State of Serbia in Belgrade that energy is a very current topic because the energy crisis affects the whole of Europe.
– The problem of Montenegro is the imbalance and the fact that in one period of the year we produce electricity, and in the other part we import it. This is an unacceptable concept for us because most of our cities have more than 250 sunny days a year. The goal is to start building new energy facilities because we have not built any significant facilities in the last 40 years. Our ambition is to have great activity in the construction of new energy facilities, solar power plants, wind power plants, and the idea of building storage facilities for liquefied gas in the Port of Bar with the possibility of building a power plant that would produce electricity – said President Abazović.
He called for regional cooperation when it comes to energy projects, invited Norwegian investors and companies to participate in projects in Montenegro, both those whose planning documentation is already ready and those for which mutual interest is shown.
Abazović said that by the end of the year, the contract for the Gvozd wind power plant, which is expected to be put into operation in 2024, will be signed.
– The plan is to build a solar power plant on Velje Brdo near Podgorica, a wind power plant near Budva and a solar power plant near Ulcinj – said the Prime Minister of Montenegro, local media writes.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 28, 2023 Montenegro, A lot is expected from the upcoming summer season
- March 28, 2023 Many joint projects are in front of Montenegro and Serbia
- March 28, 2023 Saudi low cost airline Flyadeal will fly to Tivat during summer