Montenegro, The average salary in February amounted to EUR 771, News
The average salary without taxes and contributions in February amounted to EUR 771 and is 9.2% higher than in the same period last year, Monstat data show. Compared to January, net wages increased by 1.8%.
Monstat also states that the average gross salary in February was EUR 958.
– If it is taken into account that consumer prices in February recorded a growth of 0.5% compared to January, it follows that real earnings for the same period recorded a growth of 1.3% – they add.
By sector of activity, average earnings without taxes and contributions in February compared to the previous month recorded growth in the sectors of information and communication 10.7%, mining and quarrying 10.6%, state administration and defense: mandatory social insurance 9.3 %, professional, scientific and technical activities 5.7%, and administrative and auxiliary service activities 4.7%.
Growth was also recorded in the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning sectors 3.9%, education 2.2%, Financial and insurance activities 2.1%, accommodation and food services 1.6%, Real estate business 1.3% both wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles 0.5%. In the announcement of Monstat, it is stated that the decrease in the average net salary was recorded in the sectors of health and social protection by 5.1%, agriculture, forestry and fishing by 4.3%, artistic entertainment and recreational activities by 3.3%, and construction by 2.6%.
– The drop in wages was also recorded in the sectors of water supply, waste water management, process control, waste removal and similar activities 1.8%, manufacturing industry 1.3%, other service activities 0.2% and transport and storage 0.1% – it was concluded from Monstat.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- 11/05/2023 Luxury Public Relations for pearl of Mediterranean, Elevate PR for Montenegro
- 11/05/2023 Elevate your business in Montenegro with Elevate PR
- 09/05/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Wage growth in the public sector and other labour market issues
- 24/04/2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- 08/04/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Increased indebtedness of Montenegro
- 16/02/2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- 02/06/2023 Companies CREC and SPIC ready to invest in infrastructure and energy projects
- 02/06/2023 The project of the first Montenegrin satellite – Luča – will be launched into space next year
- 02/06/2023 Montenegro is introducing a system of electronic invoices