Montenegro, the arrival of world-famous hotel brands is raising the quality of work in the tourism industry, News
The executive director of the Casa del Mare hotel group, Nikola Milić, last year’s winner of the annual award of the Montenegrin Chamber of Commerce for management improvement, told Radio Kotor that the arrival of world-famous hotel brands in these areas, such as IHG, Hayat and Marriott , contributes to the competitiveness of the destination and raising the quality of work in the tourism industry.
– They are the ones who push us to be better. They are the benchmark of world standards in this industry. The vision we created some ten years ago, when we dreamed of founding a group, was created precisely through everything we learned and how IHG, Hayat, Marriott and all other big hotel brands grew. I think it is of great importance for the destination that they will all be with us, especially when we are talking about a micro location, in the bay. Hayat has already signed the contract and is expected to be a franchisor in Stolivo, in Kotor Bay from the coming season – he said.
As he said, the Marriott is under construction, at an extremely important location in Kotor, and he believes that it will greatly contribute to the city and the development of tourism and raise it to a much higher level.
– Accor is here in Risno through the Movenpick brand, so these are all good things that will push us small hoteliers to be better, to think more strategically, to think about standards and procedures, in a way it will facilitate our competitiveness as a destination and its development in the future – he stated.
As he said, these are excellent things.
– God willing, other well-known brands and chains will come to us in the bay and Montenegro, and I hope that we will be able to save some of which we know in the media, whether they will stay or not. If everyone is here, we send a very clear image that we are a potentially interesting destination for tourists with high paying power, which is also the determination through the Tourism Strategy that Montenegro be a luxury tourism destination. Only with good brands, like the ones we mentioned and many others, we are moving towards that path – said Milić.
In the area of the former Fjord, as well as in several others in the bay, he sees only hotel facilities and nothing else.
– If we can call what we have done with the Casa del Mare group a success, then I can say that a big part of it is our perception of looking at the hotel industry as a business, and for us it is life. So in many locations in the bay I see a lot of small, beautiful boutique hotels. Of course, we also need large hotels, as generators of tourism. Specifically, at the location where Fjord was located, for which I have many fond memories from my childhood, and where I spent my prom night, nice masquerades, I definitely see a hotel and I look forward to it as soon as possible, whether through a new brand or through someone already known operator, but I look forward to a high-category hotel there as soon as possible – said Milić.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 28, 2023 Montenegro, A lot is expected from the upcoming summer season
- March 28, 2023 Many joint projects are in front of Montenegro and Serbia
- March 28, 2023 Saudi low cost airline Flyadeal will fly to Tivat during summer