Montenegro on the threshold of the summer season, News
Some resorts in Montenegro are already full, or almost full and have sold out arrangements until the end of October, Prime Minister Dritan Abazović said, stating that the Government’s ambition is for this year to be a record year in tourism.
– As things stand now, booking and announcements are going in that direction. There are resorts on the Montenegrin coast that are now at full capacity and have sold arrangements until the end of October – he told the Government session. Abazović also announced the opening of some new destinations.
– We should open direct flights, we have good announcements for that as well. Airports need to shake things up a bit more. I think everything is going well as far as Montenegrin tourism is concerned – said Abazović.
According to him, Montenegro would have to advertise in markets that know less about us, such as, for example, the United States of America (USA).
– I think that the US market is ideal for that, because their citizens discovered Croatia as a destination a long time ago and have no information that Montenegro is 30 kilometers from Ćilipi Airport and that it is so easy to get to our country – said Abazović.
Opening two or three large markets, he added, would solve the issue of capacity utilization in Montenegro.
– I look affirmatively at the announcement of the construction of new infrastructure facilities – said the Prime Minister
There is interest from the US market, said Minister of Economic Development Goran Đurović.
– The problem, however, is the congestion at the Debeli Brijeg and Kobila border crossings – he pointed out.
Interior Minister Filip Adžić pointed out that, when it comes to border crossings with Croatia, the problem is even more difficult this year, because they have become part of the Schengen zone.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- 11/05/2023 Luxury Public Relations for pearl of Mediterranean, Elevate PR for Montenegro
- 11/05/2023 Elevate your business in Montenegro with Elevate PR
- 09/05/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Wage growth in the public sector and other labour market issues
- 24/04/2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- 08/04/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Increased indebtedness of Montenegro
- 16/02/2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- 02/06/2023 Companies CREC and SPIC ready to invest in infrastructure and energy projects
- 02/06/2023 The project of the first Montenegrin satellite – Luča – will be launched into space next year
- 02/06/2023 Montenegro is introducing a system of electronic invoices