An authentic stand depicting the city in miniature, mimosas, local specialties and the sounds of music from Boka, along with the well-known lyrics „Who do I really love in Herceg Novi“ attracted a large number of guests to the stand of the local Herceg Novi tourist organization on Friday. We were also convinced that the interest in the tourist offer of the city is really huge, and that Herceg Novi remains one of the favorite destinations for tourists from Serbia.
Herceg Novi is presenting itself at the fair for the first time this year, and the Tourist Organization has gathered representatives of leading hotels from Igalo to Kamenar at its stand.
This year has already started well for the city known for numerous events. So, after an excellent visit during the New Year holidays, the party started last weekend and will last until March 4. According to Milja Vitorović, director of TO Herceg Novi, the Mimosa Festival brought a record number of tourists to the city this year.
– We are very satisfied, the first weekend of the Mimosa Festival was really phenomenal. We don’t remember such a large number of tourists, there were over 30,000 guests at the harvest of mimosas, the first concerts and other activities alone – said Vitorović.
He says that they are also satisfied with the visit to the Tourism Fair in Belgrade, which is also the most important market for Herceg Novi.
– The market of Belgrade, i.e. the whole of Serbia, is, along with the Republika Srpska, still the most important for us, both in the winter and in the summer season. The largest number of guests come to us from here, and I must also mention those fraternal and friendly ties that politics has not been able to disrupt for all these years. I am extremely happy about that, and now at the Mimosa Festival we have a large number of guests from Serbia, some of them also have real estate in Herceg Novi, so they are there on their own, they feel at home – says our interlocutor.
Mimosa Festival, Herceg Novi April Theater Festival (HAPS), music festivals… Herceg Novi shows with numerous events that it is not a city that lives only during the summer, but offers numerous activities throughout the year.
– We are constantly working to overcome the problem of seasonality. For example, the Winter Flower evening in cooperation with Exit was supposed to be held this Saturday as part of the Mimosa Festival, but due to the heavy rain that was announced, the event was postponed to April 1. We have also prepared a number of different events for the Easter holidays. Guests come not only during the summer and peak season, but throughout the year. That’s why we constantly work to attract them to different events, which is already being recognized and the interest is really high – says Vitorović.
In addition to the rich offer on the coast, Herceg Novi can also boast of an attractive hinterland that attracts more and more attention from tourists.
– This is what is new in the last few years and for me it is a very important project, because I managed the Orjen Nature Park. We have created a phenomenal tourist product with walking and panoramic tours, but also a rich gastronomic offer that we can really boast about. Tourists from Western Europe who stay in slightly better hotels are particularly interested in this type of activity, which makes us especially happy. Of course, every guest is important to us, but the fact that someone who has traveled all over the world is delighted with our mountain and its offer is just another confirmation of quality.
He points out that the Image of Herceg Novi has changed a lot over the last few years, so the number of high-category hotels is also increasing.
– There are Portonovi, then Mamula Resort… Starting from Palmon Bay in Igalo, through Hotel Lazure in Meljine, One&Only resort in Kumbor, and Casa del Mare in Kamenari, along the entire Hercegne riviera we have a series of new hotels of category four to seven stars. This means that now, in addition to private accommodation and numerous other hotels, Herceg Novi can finally meet the demands of every tourist and I can freely say that it has an offer for everyone’s pocket – concludes Milja Vitorović
Agreement on cooperation with TO Belgrade
The director of TO Herceg Novi signed an agreement on cooperation with the Tourist Organization of Belgrade at the fair.
– This is actually a continuation of excellent cooperation with the aim of strengthening it, both in the field of tourism, as well as in sports, culture and other manifestations and mutual promotions. We will put a special emphasis on joint projects, that is, on the integration of tourist offers for “long distance”, that is, distant markets, especially those across the ocean.