Montenegro, From Kotor to Lovcen by cable car in early summer, News
The construction of the Kotor-Lovćen cable car is in the final stage, said the president of the Municipality of Kotor, Vladimir Jokić. Previously, the first and last pillars were connected by wire, and now, says Jokić, work is being done on the approaches to the cable cars. The opening is planned for July 13, but Jokić believes that it can be a little earlier.
That project will be remembered as the most efficiently realized from the moment when the formal and legal assumptions were created, and therefore my compliments to the concessionaire and the contractors who “trampled” those construction works and I am very satisfied with that – said Jokić in the program Dobro jutro Montenegro.
The work Is being carried out by the consortium Leitner – New Volvox
We remind you that the cable car will be 3,918 meters long, with a capacity of 1,000 passengers per hour and 40 gondolas, while the travel time will be 11 minutes. The route starts from the location of Dub, in the immediate vicinity of the Vrmac tunnel, all the way to the location of Kuk on Lovćen.
Representatives of the Government and the Leitner – Novi Volvox consortium signed a concession contract for the construction of the Kotor-Lovćen cable car at the end of 2021. The works started in July last year.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- 11/05/2023 Luxury Public Relations for pearl of Mediterranean, Elevate PR for Montenegro
- 11/05/2023 Elevate your business in Montenegro with Elevate PR
- 09/05/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Wage growth in the public sector and other labour market issues
- 24/04/2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- 08/04/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Increased indebtedness of Montenegro
- 16/02/2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- 02/06/2023 Companies CREC and SPIC ready to invest in infrastructure and energy projects
- 02/06/2023 The project of the first Montenegrin satellite – Luča – will be launched into space next year
- 02/06/2023 Montenegro is introducing a system of electronic invoices