Montenegro, Clinical hospital centers from now on in Kotor and Berane, News
General hospitals in Berane and Kotor will operate as clinical hospital centers from now on, it was decided at yesterday’s Government session.
As announced, the government adopted the Information on changing the status of Berane General Hospital to Berane Clinical Hospital Center and Kotor General Hospital to Kotor Clinical Hospital Center.
In the discussion, it was stated that the health system in Montenegro is extremely centralized, given that the Clinical Center of Montenegro performs activities at the secondary level of health care for residents of four municipalities and the capital city of Podgorica – almost half of the population, and at the tertiary level for the entire population of Montenegro, which caused its overload.
By analyzing the health system, it was determined that there is a need for decentralization, that is, the creation of two more institutions that can provide tertiary level services – for the southern region it is the General Hospital in Kotor, while for the northern region the General Hospital in Berane is planned – the announcement states.
A detailed analysis of the capacit”, internal organization, scope of services they provide, equipment, but also space for improving all of the above, determined that these institutions have enough capacity to provide certain services, specifically internal medicine and surgical services, at the tertiary level of health care for the population of the northern region and the south, through the status of clinical-hospital centers.
In the previous period, the aforementioned health institutions significantly improved their functioning, and positioned themselves as institutions with the highest quality, as well as the volume of provided health services for patients from the territories they cover – it was clarified.
As stated by the Government, by obtaining the status of clinical-hospital centers, the aforementioned general hospitals would carry out an internal reorganization that would entail the formation of an internal and surgical clinic in these institutions, with continuous personnel and spatial strengthening of these institutions and significant investments in the direction of providing additional equipment.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- 11/05/2023 Luxury Public Relations for pearl of Mediterranean, Elevate PR for Montenegro
- 11/05/2023 Elevate your business in Montenegro with Elevate PR
- 09/05/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Wage growth in the public sector and other labour market issues
- 24/04/2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- 08/04/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Increased indebtedness of Montenegro
- 16/02/2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- 02/06/2023 Companies CREC and SPIC ready to invest in infrastructure and energy projects
- 02/06/2023 The project of the first Montenegrin satellite – Luča – will be launched into space next year
- 02/06/2023 Montenegro is introducing a system of electronic invoices