Montenegro, Country of light: another solar power plant in Podgorica, News
The company Golden Group from Kotor in the Podgorica settlement Draževina plans to build a solar power plant with a total capacity of 12.50 MW. This can be seen in the request for a decision on the need to prepare an Environmental Impact Assessment Report submitted by this company to the Environmental Protection Agency.
In February, the Government issued urban planning and technical conditions for the construction of this solar power plant. The total area of the site where the construction of the solar power plant is planned is approximately 193,539 m², while the occupied area is expected to be approximately 77,416 m2
According to the previously conducted analyzes submitted by the applicant, it was determined that the potential amount of annual electricity produced from the solar power plant with a total power of 12.50 MW is stated in the document.
As explained, the total expected annual production in the first year of operation of the power plant per 1 kW of solar panels is 1,408 kWh. Taking into account that the available area is 160,000 m2 and that 12.8 m2 is needed to install 1 kWp of solar panels with the provision of optimal distance between the rows, 12,500 kWp DC, i.e. 10,400 kW AC can be installed at the Draževina location – it is stated, among other things, in documentation.
Taking into account the estimated annual production from 1 kWp solar panels of 1,408 kWh, the expected annual production from the future SE Draževina in the first year of operation will amount to 17,600,000 kWh.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- 11/05/2023 Luxury Public Relations for pearl of Mediterranean, Elevate PR for Montenegro
- 11/05/2023 Elevate your business in Montenegro with Elevate PR
- 09/05/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Wage growth in the public sector and other labour market issues
- 24/04/2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- 08/04/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Increased indebtedness of Montenegro
- 16/02/2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- 02/06/2023 Companies CREC and SPIC ready to invest in infrastructure and energy projects
- 02/06/2023 The project of the first Montenegrin satellite – Luča – will be launched into space next year
- 02/06/2023 Montenegro is introducing a system of electronic invoices