Montenegro, Adriatic-Ionian gas pipeline project will make a great contribution to the stability and diversification of energy sources, News
Montenegro is interested in bringing natural gas to the Port of Bar, Prime Minister Dritan Abazović announced. He met with the President of Azerbaijan, Ilham Aliyev, at the World Economic Forum in Davos.
The Prime Minister welcomed the recent signing of the Memorandum of Understanding on strategic cooperation in the field of energy between Azerbaijan and the European Commission, which intends for Azerbaijan to double gas deliveries to Europe by 2027, the route of which is also planned through Montenegro.
– In this context, Abazović assessed that the implementation of the Adriatic-Ionian gas pipeline project will make a great contribution to the stability and diversification of energy sources, adding that Montenegro and neighboring countries, through the development of this project, will be a kind of bridge between the Caspian region and Western Europe – he states. In the announcement.
Abazović emphasized that, after the energy crisis that hit Europe, Montenegro is interested in bringing natural gas to the Port of Bar. Also, the interlocutors stated that the relations between the two countries are friendly and good, based above all on intensive economic cooperation and with a tendency to intensify political dialogue, as well as to improve bilateral cooperation in all segments of mutual importance.
The Prime Minister emphasized that Montenegro wants to further improve overall relations with Azerbaijan, especially when it comes to infrastructure, direct foreign investments and energy, which should be strengthened by signing an agreement in the field of energy.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 28, 2023 Montenegro, A lot is expected from the upcoming summer season
- March 28, 2023 Many joint projects are in front of Montenegro and Serbia
- March 28, 2023 Saudi low cost airline Flyadeal will fly to Tivat during summer