The stable operation of the Montenegrin Commercial Bank (CKB) is important for the entire banking sector, News
The stable operation of the Montenegrin Commercial Bank (CKB) is important for the entire banking sector, said the Governor of the Central Bank of Montenegro (CKBCG), Radoje Žugić.
As reported by the CBCG, Žugić met today with the representatives of the CKB supervisory board – Daniel Gyuris, president and Igor Noveljić, member, and the chief executive officer of the bank, Tamaš Kamaraši.
Gyuris, as stated, praised the quality of the Montenegrin regulatory framework related to the operations of banks and its compliance with European standards.
He pointed out that CKB has the strong support of the parent OTP group to further strengthen its position on the Montenegrin banking market.
In this direction, as it is added, plans for the next period are related to further business improvement, primarily through investing in technology to improve and modernize services, especially for the population sector.
“The interlocutors concluded that CKB Bank successfully managed the problem of abuse of official position by part of the employees, in such a way that every established damage caused to clients was compensated, without negative effects on the bank’s stability and business results,” the statement says.
It is added that CKB bank fulfills the legally prescribed parameters related to liquidity and capitalization.
“The stability of CKB banka’s operations is of particular importance, given that it is a systemically important and, according to all business indicators, the largest bank in Montenegro”, Žugić pointed out.
At the meeting, it was concluded that the continuous and substantive communication between the CBCG and the CKB is a good example of effective cooperation between a commercial bank and the regulator, as well as complete transparency of operations, local media reports.
- 11/05/2023 Luxury Public Relations for pearl of Mediterranean, Elevate PR for Montenegro
- 11/05/2023 Elevate your business in Montenegro with Elevate PR
- 09/05/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Wage growth in the public sector and other labour market issues
- 24/04/2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- 08/04/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Increased indebtedness of Montenegro
- 16/02/2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- 04/06/2023 The compatibility of hydro and solar potential is outstanding
- 04/06/2023 The government will decide on hedging by the end of the month
- 04/06/2023 Half of exports depend on rain