Montenegro, Winter season was record breaking, summer already looks promising, News
In Montenegro, 38,391 arrivals and 95,944 overnight stays of tourists were realized in collective accommodation during the month of February, Monstat data show.
Out of the total number of overnight stays in collective accommodation, 75% were made by foreigners, and 25% by domestic tourists.
– In the structure of overnight stays by type of tourist places in February 2023, the most overnight stays were realized in coastal places 60.4%, the capital 17.6%, mountain places 14.4% and other places 7.5% – the announcement states.
Monstat clarified that collective accommodation facilities include hotels, boarding houses, motels, tourist settlements, resorts, hostels, camps, etc. Collective accommodation does not include individual, so-called “private accommodation”, i.e. accommodation in houses and rooms for rent, as well as in tourist apartments.
As a reminder, the Ministry of Economic Development and Tourism announced that 177,000 overnight stays were made during the first two months of this year, which is a record for the winter season since 2017.
The Prime Minister of Montenegro, Dritan Abazović, followed up on these results, stating that, according to current indicators, the next season will be a record one.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- 11/05/2023 Luxury Public Relations for pearl of Mediterranean, Elevate PR for Montenegro
- 11/05/2023 Elevate your business in Montenegro with Elevate PR
- 09/05/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Wage growth in the public sector and other labour market issues
- 24/04/2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- 08/04/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Increased indebtedness of Montenegro
- 16/02/2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- 02/06/2023 Companies CREC and SPIC ready to invest in infrastructure and energy projects
- 02/06/2023 The project of the first Montenegrin satellite – Luča – will be launched into space next year
- 02/06/2023 Montenegro is introducing a system of electronic invoices