Montenegro, the construction of a five-star Rixos hotel is planned in Sutomore, News
The companies Iberostar and Accor plan to build a five-star Rixos hotel in Sutomore. The opening of the hotel is expected by the beginning of the summer season next year, and the plan is to employ 400 people.
This was announced at a meeting between Prime Minister Dritan Abazović and Minister of Ecology, Spatial Planning and Urbanism Ana Novaković Đurović with representatives of the companies Accor and Iberostar.
Representatives of Accor and investors introduced the Prime Minister to the details of this luxury hotel and emphasized their commitment to Montenegro as a tourist destination, indicating that they recognized the efforts of the Government of Montenegro in attracting global hotel brands and investors.
– The Accor group is number three in the hotel industry in the world and has some of the most successful and recognizable hotel brands in its portfolio. Accor representatives emphasized that their company’s strength is in distribution, so their presence opens our country to a huge number of tourists who are their loyal clients – the Government announced after the meeting.
Abazović emphasized the readiness of the Government to be available to the investor, the Iberostar company and representatives of the Accor group with the aim of overcoming all barriers in order to open the hotel for the summer tourist season of 2024.
Prime Minister Abazović expressed his satisfaction that Sutomore and Bar will get a renowned five-star hotel, stating that this will mean new value for that region, but also for the entire tourist offer of our country. He particularly emphasized that with the opening of this luxury hotel, 400 new jobs will be directly created in Sutomore.
– In the coming period, we want to see a few more five-star hotels from Budva to Ulcinj,” stressed Prime Minister Abazović.
The meeting also discussed the possibility of opening other hotels in Montenegro, as well as the possibility of training staff in tourism and catering. The meeting was attended by Branko Čupić, investor and owner of the Iberostar hotel group with associates, as well as François Baudin and Gaurav Bušan, business and executive director of the Accor group.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- April 2, 2023 Montenegro’s joining to the Single Euro Payments Area, a final step towards last phase of integration into the EU
- April 2, 2023 Montenegro, Planes will fly from Podgorica to Kiev again
- April 2, 2023 Montenegro, New routes from Tivat and Podgorica airports this season