The National Tourist Organization of Montenegro (NTO CG) together with other tourist entities presented the tourist offer of active tourism at the specialized fair for hiking and biking „Fahrad und WanderReisen“ which took place in the period from January 14 to 16 in the German city of Stuttgart .
During the three-day fair, the stand of Montenegro gathered a large number of visitors who had the opportunity to become more familiar with the wide range of possibilities that our country offers in terms of active vacations.
– I come from Stuttgart and I am very interested in an active vacation in Montenegro, especially in hiking, and I will definitely come to explore the areas ideal for this type of vacation. What I saw at your stand today intrigued me. The fact that you have five national parks and numerous hiking trails, surrounded by untouched nature, makes your country an oasis for lovers of outdoor activities – said one of the visitors.
The hiking trails, nature parks and canyons attracted the special interest of the visitors, and the representatives of Montenegro made an effort to present the beauty of these important natural sites in the right way.
– I have never been to Montenegro, but from what I have heard about it and what you have presented today, I think it is a very interesting country if you are a fan of active vacations, especially for cycling and hiking, and I hope that I will have the opportunity to I will visit soon – said Jorg Bormann, a journalist from the online travel magazine Wanderfreak.
The representative of the tourist agency Gold Travel, which is a strategic partner of the NTO Montenegro, Enis Cikotić expressed satisfaction with the participation in this fair, bearing in mind the potential that Montenegro has for this type of vacation.
– The Gold Travel agency is participating in the Stuttgart fair for the first time, and we notice that the attendance is extremely high, and that there is generally a huge interest in active and eco-tourism in the world. We also see that Montenegro, with its beauty and nature, can use it. As always, the cooperation with the NTO is at the level and we hope that in the next few months we will feel the very positive results of this fair – said Cikotić.
Also, local tourist organizations are satisfied with their participation in this fair, and expect positive results in the coming period. Representative, TO Kolašin Aleksandar Vlahović pointed out that Kolašin is not only recognized as a winter destination, but also as a summer destination. According to him, TO Kolašin received the largest number of inquiries for activities such as hiking, cycling, canyoning and everything else related to staying in untouched nature. The representatives of TO Herceg Novi are also satisfied with the participation in the fair.
– This is our second performance in Stuttgart, we are very satisfied with the response and interest in the stand and the offer of Herceg Novi. Due to the nature of the fair, our focus was on Orjen and Luštica and in general on active and camping tourism. As part of the promotion, we also organized a raffle, which is also a survey that gives us insight into the trends and preferences of German tourists, which attracted more than 200 participants on the first day. It will be a valuable input for us in creating an adequate campaign for that market. And our focus is definitely to support all promotional activities on the German market in the coming period – said the representative of TO Herceg Novi, Miloš Kovačević.
On the second day of the fair, representatives of the NTO of Montenegro held a presentation of the current offer for active vacations, with an emphasis on cycling and hiking. On this occasion, interested visitors were introduced to natural and cultural treasures, national parks and numerous opportunities for an active holiday in nature.
– The national parks of Montenegro are traditionally present at the tourism fair in Stuttgart, and the interest is high, bearing in mind that Germans love this type of vacation. They also got information about the gastronomic offer, staying in rural households, that is, about eco-tourism. Mountaineering and cycling trails in national parks are particularly interesting to them, and they were particularly interested in the “Peaks of the Balkans” hiking trail, which concerns the Prokletije National Park, as well as the cycling trail through the Durmitor Ring – said the representative of the National Parks of Montenegro, Boban Redzepagic.
“Fahrad und WanderReisen” was held as part of the CMT fair in Stuttgart, one of the world’s largest tourism fairs, which gathers more than 2,000 exhibitors from all over the world and over 240,000 visitors. We remind you that in 2020, Montenegro, as a partner country of the CMT fair, attracted great interest from visitors from the German-speaking area, and the fair recorded record attendance that year. In addition to NTO Montenegro, the offer of active vacations was also presented by local tourist organizations of Kolašin, Bar, Ulcinj and Herceg Novi, strategic partner NTO Montenegro Gold travel, Montenegro Destination DMC and National Parks of Montenegro.