Montenegro, Ryanair introduces a tenth destination to Podgorica, News
The low-cost airline Ryanair has announced that next year it will add six new destinations from Podgorica and the Croatian coast, as part of expanding its operations throughout the former Yugoslavia.
As the portal ExYu Aviation News reports, the Irish low-cost airline plans to increase the frequency of existing services throughout the region, so it will introduce its tenth destination from Podgorica, and flights to Gdansk will start on March 27.
Gdańsk will become the fifth Polish city to be served from the capital of Montenegro, and services on this line will run twice a week. The company does not face direct competition on this route.
– We are very satisfied with our operations in Podgorica, which continue to work strongly – the Irish company stated.
The largest part of Ryanair’s summer expansion in the region will be directed to the Croatian coast with the introduction of five new seasonal routes.
The airline will launch new services from its summer base in Zadar to Munster, Rzeszów and Milan Malpensa Airport, as well as from Rijeka to Bergamo and from Pula to Katowice.
The airline will also renew seasonal operations to Bratislava, Brindisi, Corfu, Malmö and Thessaloniki, while flights between Zagreb and Dortmund have yet to be put on sale for next summer.
The company told EX-YU Aviation News that their Zagreb network for the next summer season, which starts on March 26, has yet to be finalized. As they stated, additional new lines will be announced in the coming weeks.
– For customers looking to book early and get ahead of the summer rush, we’re announcing that our Summer 2023 network is now on sale, offering customers the lowest prices on our choice of 2,500 routes to numerous destinations across Europe, with even more exciting routes to come announced during the coming weeks – said the carrier.
The airline has also increased the frequency on selected routes, such as the seasonal route Nis – Corfu, which will operate three times a week, local media writes.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 28, 2023 Montenegro, A lot is expected from the upcoming summer season
- March 28, 2023 Many joint projects are in front of Montenegro and Serbia
- March 28, 2023 Saudi low cost airline Flyadeal will fly to Tivat during summer