Western Balkans ESG Summit is approaching, Tivat and Porto Montenegro in the center of attention, News
At the end of April, Tivat and Porto Montenegro will be in the center of the region’s attention, where a gathering of the world’s leading experts in the fields of ESG standards, innovation and sustainable development will be held. This is evidenced by the list of leaders from all over the world, who have confirmed their participation in the Western Balkans ESG Summit from April 26 to 28, 2023.
– The Western Balkans ESG Summit has confirmed the participation of over 30 prominent leaders from the fields of law, energy, innovation, business and banking. We have gathered leaders in their fields, and it is a pleasure to confirm that among the speakers there will be key experts who cover various aspects of the application of ESG standards – said Biljana Braithwaite, executive director of Sustineri Partners, one of the organizers of the summit.
One of the lecturers will be respected legal expert Robert Spano, former president of the European Court of Human Rights.
– Robert Spano is a prominent attorney and special counsel in the London office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, with a large
Experience in multinational and cross-border disputes, managing numerous arbitration cases in the field of investment and trade, but also many world-renowned cases in the fields of international public law, technology, platform regulation and privacy. As a former judge and president of the European Court of Human Rights, Spano will share valuable international legal experience and best practices in the field of international law, especially in the field of business and human rights, at the ESG Summit. He has been involved in a number of innovative cases related to digital rights, national security and freedom of expression. In addition to legal practice and work at the Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher office, Robert is visiting professor of law at the University of Oxford and professor of law at the University of Iceland – say the organizers.
He will be joined by Courtney Fingar, an international investment expert and business journalist with more than 20 years of experience. Courtney has interviewed numerous heads of state and government, ministers and business leaders around the world, and was most recently editor-in-chief of Investment Monitor, a digital publication focused on foreign direct investment (FDI), and previously spent 15 years at the Financial Times, where ran a specialized publication for foreign direct investments.
Rikard Scoufias also confirmed his participation in the ESG Summit of the Western Balkans. According to the organizers, “Scoufias is a leading leader in the field of energy with over 20 years of experience in investment management and business transformation, especially those with complex geopolitical risks and management of environmental and issues”.
– He worked in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), as well as in developing countries, managed large investments and cross-border organizations, but was also an advisor to numerous leaders in industry and politics, on the topic of geopolitical risks and sustainable business development strategies. He currently serves as the president of the National Corporation for Hydrocarbons and Natural Resources of Greece. He is an active participant in debates about how business can strengthen the inclusion of stakeholders and ESG standards, and is an author in globally relevant publications and magazines such as The Economist, The Financial Times and others – they add.
While the list of confirmed speakers, who will participate in the ESG Summit of the Western Balkans, continues to expand, the organizers remind that the Government of Montenegro has taken over the patronage of the event, and that from April 26 to 28 our country will find itself in the focus of an important global debate on the responsibility of business in the protection of the environment and human rights.
Registration for the Western Balkans ESG Summit is available on the summit’s official website.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 28, 2023 Montenegro, A lot is expected from the upcoming summer season
- March 28, 2023 Many joint projects are in front of Montenegro and Serbia
- March 28, 2023 Saudi low cost airline Flyadeal will fly to Tivat during summer