The number of business entities in Montenegro last year was 45.68 thousand, News
The number of business entities in Montenegro last year was 45.68 thousand, which is 15.1 percent more than in 2021, Monstat data show.
“The largest number of active business entities last year was in Podgorica, 15.86 thousand, which represents 34.7 percent of the total number. The smallest is 31 in Gusinje, that is 0.1 percent of the total number”, the announcement states.
Monstat said that, according to the form of ownership, of the total number of business entities in Montenegro, 99.5 percent are privately owned. The same situation was recorded in 2021.
“The largest number of active business entities last year was in the sector of wholesale and retail trade, repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles, 12.53 thousand, which represents 27.4 percent of the total number,” said statisticians.
In accordance with the Law on Official Statistics and the System of Official Statistics in the sectors of activity of households as employers and activity of extraterritorial organizations and bodies, data are not shown due to the indirect recognition of companies.
“Small businesses are the most represented in Montenegro, which make up 99.2 percent of the total number of active business entities in 2020, 2021 and last year,” the statement added.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- 11/05/2023 Luxury Public Relations for pearl of Mediterranean, Elevate PR for Montenegro
- 11/05/2023 Elevate your business in Montenegro with Elevate PR
- 09/05/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Wage growth in the public sector and other labour market issues
- 24/04/2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- 08/04/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Increased indebtedness of Montenegro
- 16/02/2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- 02/06/2023 Companies CREC and SPIC ready to invest in infrastructure and energy projects
- 02/06/2023 The project of the first Montenegrin satellite – Luča – will be launched into space next year
- 02/06/2023 Montenegro is introducing a system of electronic invoices