‘Stop Inflation’ campaign for suppressing inflation in Montenegro, News
Montenegro’s government, in cooperation with a number of retail chains, has launched the ‘Stop Inflation’ campaign, proposing lower prices for a basket of at least 25 essential products.
So far, six retail chains have joined the campaign – Voli, Mercator-CG, Hard Discount Laković (HDL), Domača trgovina (Aroma, City, Conto), Franca and Megapromet.
According to Goran Đurović, Minister of Economic Development and Tourism, the six retailers have revealed details of the products they are including in their ‘anti-inflation’ baskets, with the majority providing an even wider products at discounted prices.
Đurović invited other retailers to join the initiative “to help suppress inflation” and ensure shoppers can make more affordable choices.
Products included in the basket include eggs, chicken, cheese, milk, yogurt, potatoes, dried meat products, chocolate, coffee, as well as selected hygiene products.
The retailers must keep records of product types, prices and charged margins on individual items in the anti-inflation basket and submit them for inspection at the request of the government. Items within the same product category can be changed depending on availability and stock levels.
The products selected for the anti-inflation basket must not be close to expiry (or have expired), have defects or any damage and must be of the same quality as standard products.
The new, reduced prices will be in force until the end of April, after which the promotion will be extended until 1 June with the possibility of changing certain items in the basket.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- 11/05/2023 Luxury Public Relations for pearl of Mediterranean, Elevate PR for Montenegro
- 11/05/2023 Elevate your business in Montenegro with Elevate PR
- 09/05/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Wage growth in the public sector and other labour market issues
- 24/04/2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- 08/04/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Increased indebtedness of Montenegro
- 16/02/2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- 02/06/2023 Companies CREC and SPIC ready to invest in infrastructure and energy projects
- 02/06/2023 The project of the first Montenegrin satellite – Luča – will be launched into space next year
- 02/06/2023 Montenegro is introducing a system of electronic invoices