Rafting season on Tara, the tear of Europe, is officially open, News
The rafting season on the Tara River has officially opened. The first rafters, five of them, were from India. The president of the Association of rafters and inhabitants of Tara and the Durmitor National Park, rafter Veljko Ostojić, says that they hope that the rafting season on Tara will be successful because they already have good announcements and reservations.
– I hope for a good season because we already have reservations for rafting. Of course, we also have a number of problems, and the biggest problem is the road to Žugica port, which is in a catastrophic state. It was also announced that the ticket price will be raised to five euros per guest, while it was three euros before. We think that is not good. I must mention that it is not good for tourism either that the waste dump at the entrance to Mojkovac, on the shore of Tara, created a disaster because a lot of garbage is floating in the “tear of Europe”. I must also mention the jump in the prices of food products, which affects the increase in the prices of preparing meals for guests – rafters. Transport prices have also increased, and the Water Administration only charges unconstitutional fees to us from the Durmitor NP area – points out Ostojić.
He emphasizes that the first large groups of guests, from all the countries of the region, and even the world, are expected by the end of the month, and this year they will also organize Easter and The First of May rafting in Tara.
– Spring rafting in Tara is an unforgettable adrenaline adventure. The snow from Durmitor melts and raises the water level of Tara River, so the rafters literally ride on waves several meters high – Ostojić says.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- 11/05/2023 Luxury Public Relations for pearl of Mediterranean, Elevate PR for Montenegro
- 11/05/2023 Elevate your business in Montenegro with Elevate PR
- 09/05/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Wage growth in the public sector and other labour market issues
- 24/04/2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- 08/04/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Increased indebtedness of Montenegro
- 16/02/2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- 02/06/2023 Companies CREC and SPIC ready to invest in infrastructure and energy projects
- 02/06/2023 The project of the first Montenegrin satellite – Luča – will be launched into space next year
- 02/06/2023 Montenegro is introducing a system of electronic invoices