Montenegro, Works on the construction of the Kotor – Lovćen cable car are progressing according to the expected dynamics, News
Works on the construction of the Kotor – Lovćen cable car are progressing according to the expected dynamics. The concrete base will be completed by the end of the year. The steel columns have been fabricated and delivered and their assembly has already begun. All poles, depending on weather conditions, will be installed by the end of January, Vice President of Kotor Municipality Nebojša Ševaljević announced to Pobjeda.
The foundation stone of the future Kotor – Lovćen cable car was laid on July 13 this year.
– The 30-year concession agreement between the Government of Montenegro and the Leitner- New Volvox consortium was signed in December 2021. The works started in July this year and are planned to be completed within the year. The investor, the Leitner-Novi Volvox consortium, is investing over EUR 20 million in the construction of a cable car that will have 40 gondolas and will have the capacity to transport 1,200 passengers in 11 minutes from the starting point, Dub 65 meters above sea level (Kotor), to the end station Kuk 1,350 meters above sea level (Cetinje) – said Ševaljević.
According to him, according to the contract, the state is obliged to build an access road and a parking lot on the Kotor side, and the works are ongoing, and for this purpose, the Public Works Administration has budgeted 3.1 million EUR in the 2023 budget. On the Cetinje side, the Public Works Administration needs to build a parking lot, and for that purpose, it allocated two million euros in the budget for the next year.
– This is a very important project, which will represent an additional tourist offer, will affect the extension of the season and will connect Kotor, a city under the protection of UNESCO, and the capital Cetinje in an attractive way – Ševaljević reminded.
The cable car will be about 3,900 meters long. According to the project, there will be 19 poles and two stations. The equipment will be manufactured by the Leitner company, which was founded in 1888 and built the first cable car in 1908, local media writes.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 24, 2023 Montenegro, Brajići wind power plant can supply over 50,000 households
- March 24, 2023 Crnogorski Telekom is dominating when it comes to telecommunications
- March 24, 2023 Montenegro, What are the new goals and projects?