Montenegro, The total inflow of foreign direct investments last year amounted to EUR 1.15 billion, News
The total inflow of foreign direct investments last year amounted to EUR 1.15 billion and is 24.07% higher than in 2021, according to preliminary data from the Central Bank of Montenegro (CBCG). As explained, this increase is a consequence of the growth of equity investments, as well as the growth of investments based on intercompany debt.
Preliminary data from the Central Bank show that the net inflow of foreign direct investments amounted to EUR 782.63 million, which is 34.56% more than the year before.
– In the form of equity investments, an inflow of EUR 667.42 million was realized, which accounts for 57.96% of the total realized. In the structure of equity investments, investments in companies and banks amounted to EUR 219.40 million, which represents a growth of 2.01% – it was stated in the CBCG Bulletin.
The inflow of FDI in the form of intercompany debt amounted to EUR 401.54 million or 34.87% of the total inflow, which is 24.15% more than during the previous year.
– EUR 448.02 million was invested in real estate, which represents a growth of as much as 60.99% – the data show.
Looking at the countries, investments from Serbia dominated this time too, with EUR 137 million. It is followed by Russia, which received investments worth EUR 127.17 million, while German citizens invested around EUR 100 million.
As already stated, most of the investments were in real estate, with the largest amount of invested funds again coming from Germany – 69.85 million. Last year, Russians invested EUR 61.2 million in the purchase of real estate, followed by Serbian citizens with EUR 52.89 million.
The total outflow of FDI in 2022 amounted to EUR 368.79 million, which is 6.45% more than the previous year.
– Outflow based on investments of residents abroad amounted to EUR 132.42 million, while withdrawals of funds by non-residents invested in our country amounted to EUR 236.37 million – it is stated in the Bulletin.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 24, 2023 Montenegro, Brajići wind power plant can supply over 50,000 households
- March 24, 2023 Crnogorski Telekom is dominating when it comes to telecommunications
- March 24, 2023 Montenegro, What are the new goals and projects?