Montenegro, The total foreign trade exchange for the first two months marks an increase compared to last year, News
The total foreign trade exchange for the first two months of this year amounted to EUR 629.5 million, according to Monstat’s preliminary data. That, as they stated, indicates a growth of 27.6% compared to the same period last year.
Exports of goods had a value of EUR 156.8 million, and imports EUR 472.7 million.
– Compared to the same period of the previous year, exports were higher by 21.6%, and imports were higher by 29.7%. The coverage of imports by exports amounted to 33.2% and is less compared to the same period of the previous year, when it amounted to 35.4% – the announcement states.
In the structure of exports according to the standard international trade classification, mineral fuels and lubricants are the most represented in the amount of 103 million EUR, which make up electricity 99.8 million EUR and others.
When it comes to imports, the most represented are machines and transport devices in the amount of EUR 109.9 million, which are made up of road vehicles with EUR 38 million and others). Most goods were exported to Serbia, in the amount of EUR 35.1 million. Slovenia follows with 34 million, and Bosnia and Herzegovina with 24.5 million EUR.
Serbia was also the largest partner when it comes to imports, so goods worth EUR 75.1 million were imported from this country. The value of imports from China was 54.6 million EUR, and from Germany 43.7 million. Foreign trade in goods was the largest with the CEFTA signatories and with the European Union.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- 11/05/2023 Luxury Public Relations for pearl of Mediterranean, Elevate PR for Montenegro
- 11/05/2023 Elevate your business in Montenegro with Elevate PR
- 09/05/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Wage growth in the public sector and other labour market issues
- 24/04/2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- 08/04/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Increased indebtedness of Montenegro
- 16/02/2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- 02/06/2023 Companies CREC and SPIC ready to invest in infrastructure and energy projects
- 02/06/2023 The project of the first Montenegrin satellite – Luča – will be launched into space next year
- 02/06/2023 Montenegro is introducing a system of electronic invoices