The general hospital in Budva will be built in the locality of Dubovica, the procedures for the realization of this project have been initiated, and there is a possibility of building the facility through a private-public partnership.
This could be heard during the visit of Prime Minister Dritan Abazović to Budva, during which he also visited the site of the construction of the future hospital.
– The biggest challenge for the realization of this project will not be the funds for the construction of the hospital, even the President of the Municipality of Budva, Milo Božović, spoke with some renowned companies that could possibly be partners in the construction, if that model is chosen. The biggest challenge will be the medical staff – said Abazović.
However, he expects that this problem can also be solved.
– Given that Budva is very attractive for life, we should not shy away from the fact that people will gladly come here to live and work, even when it comes to medical staff – he stated.
According to him, it is unacceptable that Budva does not have a hospital, and arguments such as the fact that it is a small municipality are, he says, completely wrong.
– Budva is the biggest generator of tourism in Montenegro, of all the income we get from tourism, and it must have adequate health care. Thinking that Budva is a small town that does not need a hospital is wrong, and the representatives of the Municipality have already discussed with the Minister of Health to start the implementation of that project, we will see in what way – said Abazović.
The construction of the hospital Is of great importance, not only for the citizens of Budva, but also for the development of tourism in the city, according to the President of the Municipality of Budva, Milo Božović.
– We already have the problem that some high-paying guests are canceling their stay because they don’t want to come to a city where they can receive medical care, if the need arises – said Božović.
When asked when the hospital could be built, Božović replied that it is a very complex process that has been started.
– The government has already met us, so in the new planning documents it decided that this area should be planned for a hospital. In addition, we have promises from the Prime Minister and the Minister of Health that the general hospital will be part of the public health system of Montenegro. Now all other procedures follow. The deadline is not short, it will certainly take time, but we are going in the right direction. It is important that we started, and when we start, the work will be finished – concluded Božović, local media reports.