NewsMontenegro, Port of Budva will be handed over to the Municipality of...

Montenegro, Port of Budva will be handed over to the Municipality of Budva, until the end of the concession

Supported byspot_img

The company Morsko dobro will notify Dukley Marina of the termination of the contract for the use of the Port of Budva and give them a period of seven days to vacate it, so that it will be managed by the Municipality of Budva until the end of the concession award procedure, the Government decided today.

At the session, the Government gave its consent to the Proposal for an agreement on the assignment of the use of the Port of Budva, which was concluded by Morsko dobro and the Municipality of Budva.

Supported by

The Minister of Ecology, Spatial Planning and Urbanism, Ana Novaković Đurović, said that in January, the Ministry of Maritime Affairs submitted to that department, in order to obtain the approval of the Government, the proposal for an agreement on the transfer of the Port of Budva, considering that the conditions for its implementation had been met.

– The Commercial Court adopted the objection of Morsko Dobro and annulled the previous decision of that court, by which a temporary measure was passed that prohibited the use of part of the constructed coastline and aquaspace of the Port of Budva – said Novaković Đurović.

Supported by

This created the conditions for the agreement to be implemented and the Port of Budva to be handed over to the Municipality of Budva, until the end of the concession procedure.

– It is envisaged that the agreement will enter into force on the day of approval at the Government session and will last until the end of the procedure for awarding the concession – Novaković Đurović added.

Prime Minister Dritan Abazović said that Morsko dobro will make public the termination of the contract on the use of the Port of Budva with Dukley Marina and give them a notice period of seven days.

– Next Thursday, if they don’t release it themselves, Morsko dobro will take over the marina in Budva. Let the concession be announced, let anyone take it, but in a legal way. Until then, the state puts its paw on everything. We will not allow anyone to humiliate the state of Montenegro again, nor to put the state under its feet. Not to a private person, not to a public company, not to an official, not to an inspector, not to a policeman, not to anyone – said Abazović.

He said that the state has the right, like all other countries, to manage its property.

– It is our obligation to take care of state property – concluded Abazović.

Sign up for business news updates & special reports.

Supported byspot_img

Related posts
Related

Supported byspot_img
Supported byspot_img
Supported byInvesting Montenegro logo
Supported byMonte Business logo
error: Content is protected !!