Montenegro plans to issue government bills in the amount of up to EUR 70 million, News
Montenegro plans to issue government bills in the amount of up to EUR 70 million. This was announced by Minister Aleksandar Damjanović at today’s Government session.
The Government adopted the information and broadcasting of state bills at the session, and as stated, the aim of the broadcasting is to secure part of the missing funds for financing the budget for this year and to create a fiscal reserve.
This, as Damjanović said, formalizes what the parliament verified through the adoption of the rebalance and the decision on borrowing.
– Now is the moment, due to the shortness of the deadlines, to issue government bills in the amount of up to EUR 70 million with a maturity of up to six months, bearing in mind the expressed interest of the banking and other parts of the financial sector, as well as conditions that are much more favorable than the so-called bilateral arrangements – he said. is the Minister of Finance.
According to his words, he believes that the conditions are now being created so that after the discussions that took place, this show will end as soon as possible.
– That would be a response to the writings of a small part of the media in the sense that something was delayed there and that the banking sector is not interested in support – said Damjanović.
He stated that this issue of government bills is part of the maximum number of EUR 350 million in debt, which will not be used to the end.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- April 2, 2023 Montenegro’s joining to the Single Euro Payments Area, a final step towards last phase of integration into the EU
- April 2, 2023 Montenegro, Planes will fly from Podgorica to Kiev again
- April 2, 2023 Montenegro, New routes from Tivat and Podgorica airports this season