Montenegro, New ferry is already operating, the fleet will be complete by the summer season, News
The new ferry started operating on the Kamenari-Lepetane line on August 30, and the ferry fleet will be completed by the summer season, announced Prime Minister Dritan Abazović. During the first traffic of the ferry, he said that it is very important for Montenegro to return to itself, and also to return to its seafaring.
– It is true that these are not new ships, but they are new trends – said Abazović. He announced that the state will have another ferry in 15, 20 or 30 days, and that the fleet will be complete by the summer season.
– Work will also be done on the purchase of a ship that should run Bar – Bari – Bar – Ancona, and in this way the maritime industry will receive a boost – said Abazović. He assessed that tycoon politics must end.
– We have nothing against the private sector, we support absolutely all private initiatives that want to work fairly, but for someone to hold monopolistic lines for nothing against the law – that policy is finished and let no one try, as was the case in the previous 20 days, to humiliate the state of Montenegro – said Abazović.
He wished everyone who will be the users of that ferry a pleasant ride and added that they are looking forward to the activities in Boka Kotorska and all of Montenegro.
– I believe we showed what someone should have done before. Those lines that are monopolistic should be managed by the state or in partnership with some companies – added Abazović. He also said that the establishment of some new lines is being considered.
– Of course, we need to build piers, new places, but today’s event is an indication that anything can be done when you want to. Everything, from the technical details, is feasible, communication is easy and if we show a new dose of persistence to do the right things, we will all rejoice together – Abazović announced.
He said that It is necessary for new ferries to arrive as soon as possible.
Abazović also thanked the company YU Briv, which in the previous period gave the ferry “Vasilije” to the state for free. He told the representatives of the Maritime Authority that the new ferries should arrive as soon as possible. Morsko Dobro previously announced that, in addition to Vasilij and August 30, four more ferries will operate on the line until April.
The ferry was purchased on August 30 for 569,000 EUR and was waiting for the registration procedure in the previous days. The trial docking at the docks of the new ferry on August 30, until recently Prizna, was successfully completed on Sunday.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 28, 2023 Montenegro, A lot is expected from the upcoming summer season
- March 28, 2023 Many joint projects are in front of Montenegro and Serbia
- March 28, 2023 Saudi low cost airline Flyadeal will fly to Tivat during summer