Montenegro, Maritime Transport has achieved a total profit of EUR 13.7 million in the last eight years, News
After the announcement by Prime Minister Dritan Abazović that at the next session of the Government, he will cancel the decision by which Maritime Traffic, businessmen Dejan and Dušan Ban and Željko Mihailović, were given the management of the Kamenari-Lepetane ferry line, Morsko Dobro does not rule out the possibility that they will organize transportation until the concession is awarded.
After almost a year since it was launched, the story of the termination of the ferry service contract with Maritime Transport, which has been maintaining the Kamenari-Lepetani line for the fifth year without a concession, is once again current.
– Whoever gets the job, if you want, and the company that is now dealing with it, if it is the first-ranked bidder, but not under the current conditions – said for TVCG the president of the Board of Management of Maritime Property, Blažo Radjenović.
The 15-year concession for maritime transport expired in 2018, and the following year it was extended indefinitely by an annex – until a new one is awarded. According to this, they are obliged to return four percent of every ticket sold to Morski Dobr, which is about EUR 200,000 per year.
It Is easy to calculate that millions circulate on ferries, and many would be happy to get involved in that business.
– We don’t know that anyone has ferries, but there are certainly companies that would be interested in this business. For a very short period, this job would be profitable even in the short term, let alone in the long term – said Radjenović.
According to data from the available financial reports, Maritime Transport has achieved a total profit of EUR 13.7 million in the last eight years. The company had a negative business result only in the year of covid, while in other years they made a net profit ranging from 1.66 million EUR in 2015 to 2.46 million in 2019.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 24, 2023 Montenegro, Brajići wind power plant can supply over 50,000 households
- March 24, 2023 Crnogorski Telekom is dominating when it comes to telecommunications
- March 24, 2023 Montenegro, What are the new goals and projects?