Montenegro, Kotor-Lovćen cable car will be in operation this summer, News
The Kotor-Lovćen cable car will be in operation this summer, announced the President of the Municipality of Kotor, Vladimir Jokić.
He said for the show Dobro jutro Crna Goro that the contractor has completed a good part of the work, that the pillars have been installed, and that work is being done on the access pits, the portal RTCG reports.
Jokić stated that the story about the cable car project has been going on for 15 years.
– Invitations for the concession for the construction of the cable car were announced in exact time periods of four years. I believe that in one part it was a kind of political story – said Jokić in the morning program of TVCG.
The starting station will be, as he stated, in the locality of Dub, in Kotor, and Lovcen will be reached in 11 minutes.
– In 11 minutes, the cable car will take you from about 50 to 1,200 meters above sea level – said Jokić.
He added that this arrangement can show whether this type of concession contract can be useful for other projects as well.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 28, 2023 Montenegro, A lot is expected from the upcoming summer season
- March 28, 2023 Many joint projects are in front of Montenegro and Serbia
- March 28, 2023 Saudi low cost airline Flyadeal will fly to Tivat during summer