Montenegro, Fight against corruption creates a favorable environment for investors, News
The intensified fight against corruption and organized crime in Montenegro creates a favorable environment for investors, as a prerequisite for better economic development, it was assessed during the stay of Finance Minister Aleksandar Damjanović in Washington. He also handed over an official invitation to companies from the USA to participate in infrastructure projects in Montenegro, especially in the fields of energy and traffic infrastructure.
As announced by the Ministry of Finance, Damjanović met with Martin McDowell, director of the Office for Central and Southeastern Europe, and his associate Paul Pfeuffer at the State Department. During the meeting, opinions were exchanged about the current political situation, as well as all aspects of cooperation between Montenegro and the United States of America.
Minister Damjanović emphasized that the recent political changes and the election of Jakov Milatović as the new president of Montenegro opened up space for accelerating the process of EU integration, strengthening cooperation between Montenegro and the countries of the region, as well as strengthening bilateral relations with the USA.
He also handed McDowell an official letter from the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Capital Investments and the Ministry of Economic Development and Tourism, inviting American companies to participate in infrastructure projects in Montenegro, especially in the areas of energy and traffic infrastructure, which was initiated during the minister’s previous visit to the USA.
It was jointly assessed that the fight against corruption and organized crime in Montenegro has intensified and that in this way a favorable environment for investors is being created, as a prerequisite for better economic development – the announcement states
Damjanović also spoke at the headquarters of the American-Central European Business Association (ACEBA) with Henry Homans, deputy president of that association, and representatives of prominent American companies PaloAlto Networks, S2 Global, Smartmatik, Northrop Group, Lockheed Martin and Oshcosh Defense.
At the meeting, the desire of American companies to invest in Montenegro was emphasized, and the minister pointed out that a favorable environment has been created and that Montenegro wants to be inclusive and enable companies from the USA to invest in Montenegro in the defense, energy, and energy sectors. Cyber security and digitization with the aim of improving them – it was concluded.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- 11/05/2023 Luxury Public Relations for pearl of Mediterranean, Elevate PR for Montenegro
- 11/05/2023 Elevate your business in Montenegro with Elevate PR
- 09/05/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Wage growth in the public sector and other labour market issues
- 24/04/2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- 08/04/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Increased indebtedness of Montenegro
- 16/02/2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- 02/06/2023 Companies CREC and SPIC ready to invest in infrastructure and energy projects
- 02/06/2023 The project of the first Montenegrin satellite – Luča – will be launched into space next year
- 02/06/2023 Montenegro is introducing a system of electronic invoices