Montenegro, A Favorite Hidden Destination, News
Montenegro was awarded the prestigious Travel Gossip Awards 2023 in the “Favorite Hidden Destination” category by travel agents from Great Britain.
As announced by the National Tourist Organization (NTO), it is a prestigious event “Travel Celebration”, during which travel agents from Great Britain voted for the most desirable destination via the online platform “Travel Gossip”.
For this title, Montenegro competed with world destinations such as: Halkidiki (Greece), Costa Rica, British Columbia (Canada) and Bequia (Saint Vincent and the Grenadines).
– We are pleased that Montenegro received a prestigious award in such strong competition, which can contribute to the improvement of the image and better positioning of the destination. Bearing in mind that the British market is strategically important for Montenegro, we are especially glad to be rewarded by travel agents from this market. During the previous year, there were five times more tourists from Great Britain than in 2021, and this award encourages us that such trends will continue in the future – said the director of the National Tourism Organization of Montenegro, Ana Tripković Marković.
This award contributes to the promotion of Montenegro as a tourist destination in Great Britain, since Travel Gossip is a specialized platform that has gathered thousands of travel agents and tour operators from this market through social networks, e-marketing and road shows.
The awarding of prestigious Travel Gossip awards, “The Travel Celebration” was held on March 28 of this year in London, in cooperation with Gold Medal, Pure Lukuri, Cruise Plus and Incredible Journeys.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- 11/05/2023 Luxury Public Relations for pearl of Mediterranean, Elevate PR for Montenegro
- 11/05/2023 Elevate your business in Montenegro with Elevate PR
- 09/05/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Wage growth in the public sector and other labour market issues
- 24/04/2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- 08/04/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Increased indebtedness of Montenegro
- 16/02/2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- 02/06/2023 Companies CREC and SPIC ready to invest in infrastructure and energy projects
- 02/06/2023 The project of the first Montenegrin satellite – Luča – will be launched into space next year
- 02/06/2023 Montenegro is introducing a system of electronic invoices