Meliá reveals Montenegro opening plans, News
Spain-headquartered Meliá Hotels International is further heightening its presence across the Mediterranean with the creation of a new hotel in Montenegro.
The new hotel is expected to open in 2025 and will be located in the growing Bečići tourism destination within Montenegro’s Budva municipality.
A burgeoning location
On opening in 2025, Meliá Bečići Budva will add to what’s identified as one of the areas with the highest growth in tourism in Montenegro. Operating under the group’s Meliá Hotels & Resorts brand, this property is being developed with the aim of becoming a benchmark for the local hotel industry.
The luxury property will combine the quality offered by this hospitality group benefitting from 60 years of experience with the appeal of its scenic location. Bečići is celebrated for having one of the most beautiful beaches in Montenegro and it is also close to sites like the old fishing village of Rafailoivići.
Commenting on the new signing, Gabriel Escarrer, CEO and executive vice president of Meliá Hotels International, said: “We’re excited about this new project and continuing to invest in our growth in Mediterranean destinations with high potential.
“The Balkans, specifically the Adriatic region, is building a future for tourism which Meliá Hotels International is proud to be a part of and to be able to contribute with our experience.”
A wealth of amenities
The exciting new property will house 294 suites, of which 140 will be apartments catering for a diversity of travel needs, along with a wealth of luxury amenities and unique experience offering. Views will take in the surrounding mountains and sea.
Standout amenities at the new property will include an outdoor infinity pool, indoor pool and wellness centre with gym and spa. Food and drink options at the resort will then encompass two à la carte restaurants, a buffet restaurant and bar, and a rooftop area with views over the sea. These facilities will be complemented by a series of meeting and event spaces, plus a car park with 100 spaces.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- 11/05/2023 Luxury Public Relations for pearl of Mediterranean, Elevate PR for Montenegro
- 11/05/2023 Elevate your business in Montenegro with Elevate PR
- 09/05/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Wage growth in the public sector and other labour market issues
- 24/04/2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- 08/04/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Increased indebtedness of Montenegro
- 16/02/2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- 02/06/2023 Companies CREC and SPIC ready to invest in infrastructure and energy projects
- 02/06/2023 The project of the first Montenegrin satellite – Luča – will be launched into space next year
- 02/06/2023 Montenegro is introducing a system of electronic invoices