Digital Nomad Visa Requirements For Montenegro, News
Traveling further south along the Dalmatian Coast, you’ll hit the tiny country of Montenegro. Although it is very similar to Croatia culturally, having been part of a federation with the latter up until the 1990s, this unheard-of gem does not get half as many visitors, and we cannot understand why.
Being part of the wider Dalmatia, Montenegro’s Bay of Kotor shares the charm of neighboring Dubrovnik, with the same narrow winding alleyways, traditional stone houses, and green window shutters. The fact that it is largely overlooked by tourists also means it normally sees fewer crowds than Croatia, though its popularity keeps growing.
Details about the Montenegrin DNV are still being finalized, but we can expect the visa to launch officially in 2023 once official requirements are set out. So far, the Government has yet to confirm important information such as the financial criteria that must be met, whether taxation applies to nomads, and who is de facto eligible.
Digital Nomad Visa Requirements For Montenegro:
- Earn all, or most of your income from foreign-based sources (to be confirmed)
- Provide proof of sufficient funds to support yourself for the duration of your stay in Montenegro
*Visas may be issued for up to two years once the visa applications open
Our favorite picks in Montenegro are:
- Kotor, a medieval walled city, guarded by a hilltop fortress where you’ll find incredible views of the adjacent Bay
- Tivat, a modern, trendy resort town located on the Bay of Kotor
- Budva, a small historic port part of the Budva Riviera, where some of the clearest beaches of the Adriatic are located
- Herceg Novi, the pearl of Boka bay set on the entrance of bay with unique climate and local business environment including virtual offices and business services oriented to foreign nationals which you can find in Mercados.me
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 22, 2023 Montenegro, Five stars on the site of the former Jadran hotel in Ulcinj
- March 22, 2023 Montenegro, Large number of tourist facilities on coast are on sale
- March 22, 2023 Montenegro, There is no fear of a crisis in the banking system