Budva Riviera, a hidden potential of Montenegro, News
The Budva Riviera is a hidden potential that needs independent, professional and well-paid management that knows how to do the job, said the Minister of Economic Development and Tourism Goran Đurović in the show „Takulin“ on Gradska RTV.
The government did not make a decision to sell the Budva Riviera, but, as he explained, it is its obligation to list the companies that can go into the privatization process, which is far from having decided to privatize it.
– My personal opinion is that an analysis should be made that will show what, at this moment, is best for Montenegro. Something must be done. It can’t be like this. The status quo cannot last. There are two options: either the state will invest more money or we will privatize the Budva Riviera and let someone else do it – said Đurović.
He adds that he Is not a supporter of the idea of the state being the owner of the Budva Riviera.
– I am not sure how good the state is as an owner, because over the past 30 years we have had numerous examples of the state proving to be a bad owner. Which doesn’t mean I’m right. That is my personal opinion. The essence is to bring professional management, people who are independent, professionals and who will pay you well. At the moment, you have the problem that our limit in the country is that you cannot give a manager a salary of 7.8 or 10,000 EUR without being asked why you paid him so much. A private person can. We must understand that one’s knowledge and quality must be paid for and valorized. It doesn’t matter who will be the owner of the country or anybody else… Professionals who know how to deal with that business must be brought in. It is a sensitive matter and a huge potential hidden in the Budva Riviera – pointed out Đurović.
He is not worried, he adds, that the international financial institutions have reduced the growth forecasts of the Montenegrin economy.
– Corrections are made on a weekly basis because movements in the global economy are unpredictable. Everything depends on the movement of reference interest rates. I read the announcements that the Fed announces that it will raise the reference interest rates again, and the Euribor will certainly go that way, which means that inflation will be reduced again – said Đurović.
This, he says, will definitely have repercussions on the Montenegrin economy, because the global cooling of the economy also means the cooling of the Montenegrin economy.
– Believe me, I am optimistic that the impact will not be so great that investments will be suspended. I have no announcement from any investor who has started or is about to start an investment that they will stop it because of this. I am convinced that this is only of a temporary nature and that, I am sure, from the middle of this year, reference interest rates will go down, which will restore some kind of normality – said Đurović.
Answering the question of whether inflation will drop to a single-digit percentage this year, Đurović says that such tendencies come from the USA and the European Union, and that wave, negative or positive, is transmitted to Montenegro as well.
– I am sure that this single-digit inflation rate will spill over here as well – concluded Đurović.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 24, 2023 Montenegro, Brajići wind power plant can supply over 50,000 households
- March 24, 2023 Crnogorski Telekom is dominating when it comes to telecommunications
- March 24, 2023 Montenegro, What are the new goals and projects?