Montenegro, The state supports fundamental geological research, News
The plan for granting concessions for detailed geological research and exploitation of mineral resources for this year defines 11 locations for which invitations will be issued.
The plan was adopted at yesterday’s Government session, and as it was announced, granting concessions ensures appropriate public interest, improvement of mining activity, greater employment, as well as sustainable, economical, correct and efficient use of natural resources, while preserving the environment.
This year’s plan includes the sites of architectural-building stone Vukići in Bar and Vinići in Danilovgrad, then the sites of technical-building stone Velja Goran 2 in Bar, Bakovići in Kolašin, and Tmor and Zabrđe in Cetinje. The localities for the exploitation of tennica-building stone – vulcanite will be Bistrica in Berane and Luge in Andrijevica. The plan for granting concessions also applies to the red bauxite deposits Block number 4 and Đelov do in Nikšić, and to the dark lignite coal deposit Mataruga in Pljevlja.
– During the selection of exploration-exploitation areas, spatial planning documentation was taken into account, so that there would be no conflict between the exploitation plan and planning documents, about the position of the space itself, about land ownership, as well as about the interest of certain investors – more announced.
As explained, the public interest is reflected in the use of mineral raw materials in the partnership of all participants in the process of geological research, exploitation and processing. The subject of the concession, in accordance with the Law, can be exploration or exploitation, or exploration and exploitation of mineral raw materials of strategic importance.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 22, 2023 Montenegro, Five stars on the site of the former Jadran hotel in Ulcinj
- March 22, 2023 Montenegro, Large number of tourist facilities on coast are on sale
- March 22, 2023 Montenegro, There is no fear of a crisis in the banking system