Montenegro, The Prime Minister: Montenegro is on the right path, News
The inflow of foreign direct investments in Montenegro achieved by the end of November last year exceeded one billion euros, and the fact that this was achieved without the sale of state companies is of particular importance, Prime Minister Dritan Abazović said.
As he wrote on his Twitter account, for the first 11 months of 2022, gross foreign direct investments amounted to EUR 1.044 billion. The net amount of foreign direct investments is EUR 734 million and is 60% higher than in 2021.
– It is especially important to point out that this year’s FDI was realized in this amount without the sale of state-owned companies, which was the case in 2009, when Elektroprivreda was sold – Abazović wrote.
As he added, last year they increased state capital, and they will continue to do so this year.
– The fact that we have about 10% of FDI from Germany, the locomotive of the EU, is also pleasing. This is a clear indication that investments are diversifying into EU countries, which is an important positive signal for our EU integration. Montenegro is on the right path – concluded Abazović.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 28, 2023 Montenegro, A lot is expected from the upcoming summer season
- March 28, 2023 Many joint projects are in front of Montenegro and Serbia
- March 28, 2023 Saudi low cost airline Flyadeal will fly to Tivat during summer