Montenegro, MonteVino wine fair brought together local and global brands, News
The MonteVino 2023 wine fair held at the Hilton Hotel in Podgorica brought together selected wineries, local and global brands, including those that appeared on the Montenegrin market for the first time.
The event that creates the wine scene attracted 116 wineries and around 700 tasting labels, Luka Bešić, vice president of the National Association of Sommeliers of Montenegro, he said for the Media Biro agency.
He pointed out that the first day was more dedicated to the business community, while the event was open to the public on the second day.
– The fact is that MonteVino has been the creator of the Montenegrin wine scene in the last decade, and that it is, to a large extent, an event that affects the wine offer that will be present in the wine lists of all major restaurants and catering establishments in the upcoming tourist season. This year, we managed to secure a large number of winemakers with direct participation, so we have the participation of winemakers from France, Italy, Croatia and Serbia who are here with us traditionally, as well as a winery from Kosovo that is presenting its wines in Montenegro for the first time – he said.
Winemakers from Kosovo also presented their wine products for the first time. The owner of the Kosova wine winery, Fatmir Shehu, said that he was happy to participate in MonteVino, because, as he said, Montenegro is a very interesting country, both for tourism and for the offer of its wines, which are leaders in the region and beyond.
– We produce up to 2 million liters annually, and we export the most to the USA, as well as to Germany, Switzerland and Scandinavian countries. Last year, the French included us in the 10 best wines in the world, and that title means a lot to us. I am satisfied with the organization of the event, and especially with the great turnout – he said.
Good visit during the second day as well
During the second day of the Wine Salon, the president of the sommelier Danijela Radeč expressed her satisfaction with the turnout.
– We are satisfied that all catering workers who received invitations from us visited this event and that our exhibitors concluded the deals they had planned.
She also mentioned the cooperation with the Sergej Stanić Vocational Secondary School and the students of the school who are successfully doing internships.
Many exhibitors allowed visitors to taste different types of wine. Priča Winery presented itself with eight types of wine, and the production dates back to 2015. Exhibitor Balša Bešić pointed out that visitors are most interested in the event itself, where they can taste the best wines from Montenegro and the region.
Chateau de Gourdon winery, which owns several wineries, the largest of which is Tikveš, was also presented in the salon. The seat of production is located in France. The representative of the winery, Aleksandar Rackovski, said that this year in the salon was fantastic, due to the fact that they separated professional customers and potential customers.
– Customers like ultra premium wines such as Bela Voda and Chateu de Gordon Terrasse a L’Ombre – said Rackovski.
Let us remind you that for more than a decade MonteVino has been on the list of the most prestigious wine events in the region, and is recognized as the main creator of the Montenegrin wine scene. Guided solely by the quality of the exhibitors, focused on connecting winemakers with people from the HoReCa world, it manages to connect all true connoisseurs and wine lovers in a refined and relaxed atmosphere.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 22, 2023 Montenegro, Five stars on the site of the former Jadran hotel in Ulcinj
- March 22, 2023 Montenegro, Large number of tourist facilities on coast are on sale
- March 22, 2023 Montenegro, There is no fear of a crisis in the banking system