Montenegro, Meeting of representatives of the Airport of Montenegro and Airport of Serbia was held, News
During the next summer season, it is possible to increase the number of flights from Niš to Tivat, it was announced after a meeting of representatives of the Airport of Montenegro, the Airport of Serbia and the City of Niš. Also, the introduction of the Niš-Podgorica line is being considered.
As announced on the city’s website, the mayor of Niša Dragana Sotirovski and the director of the Airport of Serbia Mihajlo Zdravković spoke with the president and members of the Board of Directors of the Airport of Montenegro (ACG) Eldin Dobardžić, Nebojša Đoković and Slavko Vukčević.
The topic of the meeting was the strengthening of regional cooperation, the exchange of experiences, but also the increase in the number of passengers and lines.
The president of the board of directors of ACG Dobardžić said that the Montenegrin airport has excellent cooperation with the Airports of Serbia, that Niš’s Constantine the Great is especially important to them, because its development is significant for the entire region. He also stated that it is better equipped than the airport in Tivat, where passengers from Niš can fly during the summer season.
– We hope that by increasing the number of passengers, it will be useful for us as well and that passengers will use Niš as a transfer to the airport in Montenegro – said Dobardžić.
Director of Airports of Serbia, Mihajlo Zdravković, said that it is possible to establish more lines to Tivat, but also to introduce a line to Podgorica.
– We are exchanging experiences on equipment and services, we are discussing the renewal of the seasonal line with a possible increase in the number of seasonal flights on the route Nis – Tivat, since the occupancy of flights is around 90%, as well as the possibilities for the Nis-Podgorica airline – said Zdravković.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- April 2, 2023 Montenegro’s joining to the Single Euro Payments Area, a final step towards last phase of integration into the EU
- April 2, 2023 Montenegro, Planes will fly from Podgorica to Kiev again
- April 2, 2023 Montenegro, New routes from Tivat and Podgorica airports this season