EPCG Željezara Nikšić officially started operating last Monday. The executive director of that company, Đorđije Manojlović, says that 200 former employees of the Željezara are currently employed, and that the start of production of solar panels is expected in one and a half to two months. Soon, he says, a competition will be announced in which all interested parties can participate.
Manojlović said in the Dobro Jutro Montenegro show that preparatory work is underway and 200 workers are currently employed.
– According to the business plan adopted by the Board of Directors, 340 workers are planned, but in order to prepare the production, we need about one and a half to two months. Now the workers are doing preparatory work and now there are about 200 of them – said Manojlović.
He notes that the Rulebook on systematization is being worked on, after which a competition will be announced to which all interested parties can apply.
– Željezara workers are ready for competition. They have references, they have work experience, certain qualifications for certain jobs, so there will be no problems – said Manojlović.
He notes that the first two plants that will be opened according to the business plan are construction and substructure plants.
– We will follow EPCG for the construction of solar power plants on the ground where we will work on steel structures, and the operation of aluminum substructures will follow the development of power plants on roofs. We are already in the stage of preparation for the public procurement of the line that we will acquire, and there will be another 60 workers in that plant – said Manojlović.
He expects production to begin in one and a half to two months.
– We expect the production to start quite soon. Let’s not bid for about a month and a half, to two, in order to start with constructions and substructures – said Manojlović.
It was announced earlier that the steel production facility will be maintained.
– The operation of forges requires huge working capital, so we will include it in production later. Those four programs, construction, substructure, solar power plants and forge are in the business plan. We are planning to think about the forge from autumn – said Manojlović.
When asked whether the company can be expected to perform positively this year, Manojlovic said that it is expected that in a few months a solar power plant would be put into operation that would bring profit and added that for now it is important for the company to be self-sustaining.
– We have started preparing the construction of our own solar power plant of ten megawatts, which will be the first product in Željezara, and we are already designing and recording the roofs. We expect to launch a solar power plant in a few months, which would bring profit so that we could service possible and complete salaries – said Manojlović.
In the second part of the activity, as he said, they plan to attract investors.
– We are already in negotiations, there are a lot of programs that can be implemented in Željezara – said the executive director of the company EPCG Željezara Nikšić.