Montenegro can boast of an offer for everyone’s pocket at the Tourism Fair in Belgrade, News
At the Tourism Fair in Belgrade, there is great interest in the tourism offer of Montenegro, and as the Minister of Economic Development and Tourism said, he will work on even stronger promotion of the destination in Serbia, given that it is one of the most important markets for the country itself. According to him, Montenegro can boast of an offer for everyone’s pocket, and every tourist and every citizen of Serbia can find something for themselves.
The National Tourism Organization of Montenegro in cooperation with the Ministry of Economic Development and Tourism and other representatives of the tourism industry presents an offer at the 44th International Tourism Fair in Belgrade.
During the four days of the fair, visitors to the NTO Montenegro stand will have the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the entire tourist offer of Montenegro, numerous arrangements with special discounts at the fair prepared by the tourism industry, and to enjoy tasting Montenegrin home-made specialties.
The Minister of Economic Development and Tourism, Goran Đurović, emphasized the importance of the Serbian market for Montenegro as a tourist destination of special importance, and said that although we have excellent attendance from this market, the Government’s goal is to dedicate ourselves even more seriously to promotion in Serbia.
– I am very satisfied with the fair. Our offer is rich, I think that we have presented ourselves in the right way and that the citizens of Serbia will see that they can find a corner of peace, happiness and rest for themselves in our country. They ask about the prices, whether it has gone up or not. I am convinced that Montenegro has something for everyone’s pocket. So I think there is no fear, I am sure that every tourist and every citizen of Serbia can be found in some segment of our offer – Minister Đurović said.
According to him, the north of Montenegro has enormous potential, and numerous promotional activities will be aimed precisely at the promotion of that region.
– From each of my statements, you can hear in the last year how much this government emphasizes the importance of the north of Montenegro and its potential. We are convinced that the north of Montenegro hides, if not less, then greater potential than the south of Montenegro. Maybe that sounds strange to someone now, but believe me, it’s true. The beauty of Prokletije, the beauty of Plavo, Gusinja, Žabljak. Evo Kolašin is a hit this year in the region as far as ski resorts are concerned. That’s why I’m very pleased, that’s why we’re forcing the municipalities from the north of Montenegro to be more present, to promote and advertise more, because if you don’t present something, no one can know that it exists. This is a real opportunity for people to see what we can offer – said Đurović.
The director of TO Kotor, Jovan Ristic, stated that tourists from Serbia make up about 21% of the structure of foreign tourists in the Municipality of Kotor throughout the year, and that this fair is therefore of particular importance.
– We have expanded the number of events, both sports and music, so we are trying to be an interesting destination for guests from Serbia and the rest of the region, both in winter and spring. For the first time this year, we have already prepared a calendar of events for the whole year, so all those who visit our stand will have the opportunity to take our calendar of events, and thus be informed about all the events in Kotor – concluded Ristić.
The NTO of Montenegro said that Montenegro is already a very well-known destination, but that they are trying to justify the trust of tourists from Serbia, and that we expect numerous promotional activities in this market.
– Traditionally, the National Tourism Organization of Montenegro, together with local tourism organizations and the tourism industry, participates in the International Tourism Fair in Belgrade. This is one of the most significant events in tourism in Southeast Europe, so we have a special responsibility when we perform on this market, bearing in mind that guests from Serbia have been the most numerous tourists in Montenegro for decades. At the fair, the focus will be on gastronomic offer, rural households and active vacations, so that all visitors to the stand will be able to enjoy tasting Montenegrin specialties, but also to see numerous package arrangements prepared by our tourism industry – said the representative of the NTO of Montenegro, Milena Vujović.
The tourism fair In Belgrade is one of the most important for the national airline Air Montenegro, which records the largest number of passengers from Serbia with up to 14 weekly flights on the Podgorica-Belgrade route and 19 flights on the Tivat-Belgrade route.
– During the fair, today and the next three days we will have a special promotional offer of 49 euros for all trips until the end of the summer season. These are trips started from Belgrade to Podgorica and Tivat. We will also present new destinations of the Air Montenegro company in regular traffic. It is about Brno in the Czech Republic and Bratislava in Slovakia – said company representative Dragan Popović.
During the last day of the fair, on February 26, a prize game will be organized, and visitors to the stand will be able to win arrangements in rural households.
The International Fair in Belgrade gathers around 400 exhibitors from more than 25 countries and around 30 thousand visitors. At the stand of NTO Montenegro, tourist organizations Tivat, Kotor, Ulcinj, Podgorica, Berane, Andrijevica, Nikšić, Mojkovac, Žabljak, Skialista Montenegro, strategic partner NTO Montenegro national airline Air Montenegro and Vila Geba will present their offer.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- March 24, 2023 Montenegro, Brajići wind power plant can supply over 50,000 households
- March 24, 2023 Crnogorski Telekom is dominating when it comes to telecommunications
- March 24, 2023 Montenegro, What are the new goals and projects?