A successful cooperation between the World Bank and the Central Bank of Montenegro is continuing, News
The World Bank (SB) and the Central Bank (CBCG) have a very successful cooperation, which will be further improved in the coming period, it was announced at the meeting of their representatives.
The Governor of the CBCG, Radoje Žugić, met today with the head of the Office of the SB for Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), Christopher Sheldon.
“Žugić thanked the representative of the SB for the continuous support that this institution provides to the Montenegrin supreme monetary institution, primarily in the form of technical assistance for activities aimed at the modernization of payment transactions,” the announcement states.
Sheldon also announced support for the application of international standards and best practices in the field of banking supervision and rehabilitation.
“The interlocutors also discussed the economic situation in Montenegro and emphasized the need to rehabilitate vulnerabilities in the fiscal sphere, primarily curbing the growth of public debt, as well as encouraging the real sector, which is the driving force of economic development,” the statement added.
The meeting also discussed the upcoming participation of the Montenegrin delegation in the annual meetings of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in Washington, as well as the organization of the meeting of the Belgian-Dutch constituency, which will be hosted by Montenegro in May.
Sign up for business news updates & special reports.
- 11/05/2023 Luxury Public Relations for pearl of Mediterranean, Elevate PR for Montenegro
- 11/05/2023 Elevate your business in Montenegro with Elevate PR
- 09/05/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Wage growth in the public sector and other labour market issues
- 24/04/2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- 08/04/2023 Montenegro economy briefing: Increased indebtedness of Montenegro
- 16/02/2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- 04/06/2023 The compatibility of hydro and solar potential is outstanding
- 04/06/2023 The government will decide on hedging by the end of the month
- 04/06/2023 Half of exports depend on rain